blink blink..

Monday, July 17, 2006

C K N A

It's Full shift for me today! gosh. So tiring. 11 to 930pm. haha. I rem by the time it was 7pm, I was already knocked out. My mind had already stopped working. When Xiuquan(my colleague) told me that there was this customer who already had some clothes in the fitting room and asked me to attend to him, I was stilll dreaming. It took me very long to make out what she was saying. Serious. And I still rem what she said "Can you dun be so blur??"

The crowd was like crazy today. Same for yesterday. Gosh. They streamed in together, all at one go! And it was hard to monitor them, just in case someone attempt to shoplift. Of course there were so many of us. But aiyoh, imagine I still have to attend to them and watch out for shoplifters. Not an easy task. haha. And it totally worn me out. Moving my head here and there, checking their every movements. Shall elaborate on this next time.

But what I wanna say is that I kind of enjoy working at CK for the past 2 weeks, partly cus I have gotten to know the staff better. On the whole, they are quite nice to me except for one or two which I think is not worth mentioning in my blog anyway. haha. I like to meet new people and get to know them. Talk to them and understand them. Like how they lead their lives, their lifestyles and most important of all, their thinking, their ideas and their views about life. And as the days pass, I am getting to know each of them better. Maybe not everyone of them but a few of them who talk to me when the boutique is quiet.

I still remember trying to adjust to this job during the first few days and how I very much wanted to quit on the very first day! In the beginning, XQ was quite quiet. But gradually, we got to know each other much better so much so that she said I am in her "gang" now. haha. And u know what, she said I am very chatty. haha. IS it? Making new friends is always a nice experience. Now whenever I go to work, I will just go up freely to her to joke or chat. I dunno how to describe this feeling but its like I can feel I am one of them. Oh, a sense of belonging?

On my way home after work today, Freddy asked us if we wanted to go HOlland V. Wooo....at least there is some life after work. Of course I am very game on it! haha. I was observing the conversation between Freddy and XQ. They never fail to suan each other. That;s how they communicate I guess. They seemed so close to each other that I was thinking they seemed like brother and sister. haha. So all the while, I was looking at how they tease each other. Ok, erm, yah, what a thing to do. I havent reach the stage whereby I will suan them or watever. I dunno. haha. Maybe I have still not open up to them considering that I have only worked for like 2 weeks? I felt quite at ease with them and as Freddy began to talk, I was slowly learning and absorbing. It's very interesting to get to know different people and their views. And I found that there is alot to learn from him. He may be a salesman, but there is definitely more to it than meet the eye. And XQ, although she is young and very cute, haha, I think it is very easy to get along with her too.

And on my cab ride home after the meal, many thoughts ran in my mind all of a sudden. It was a conflict between the friends I made in University and the friends I made from work. There is a gap btw them, when it comes to thinking and lifestyle. Now what am I trying to say? It's difficult to explain. I do not look down on retail associates. Every job is a profession in my opinion. Now, I have a chance to get into their shoes and be like one of them. They are contented with what they have basically. That;s their thinking and their perception of life. But I know very much for my future colleagues, they will all be high achievers. Striving hard to buy their dream BMWs and lead a comfortable life. Maybe you can say I am just too childish or sth, immature. But then it gave me a clearer picture of how this world works. woahhh..I know I sound real out of place here. But every now and then, I am always trying to analyse how the whole world works when I step out from the picture. Its quite hard to explain. Anyway I wan to blog this down so that I can rem it next time. It;s like okie, so people as a whole, their way of living. And then it slowly boils down to the different classes in society, cultures, countries etc. How each and everyone of them lead their life as a human being in this world. oops do I sound very philosophical or sth? It varies from every individual. And if possible, I wan to get to know as many as possible. There is really so much more I can learn from them and it definitely makes me cherish my life even more.

And I was thinking...that maybe I will miss the people from CK after my contract. I actually wasnt prepared for this. Man...even though I am Off tom, I feel like working just to see them. Why so I have this feeling? As usual, whenever I blog, it is really when I feel like blogging and have so many thoughts on my mind. And often when I want to type them out nicely so that I can rem them next time, I always make a mess out of it cus I think faster than I type. way too fast. It's just that the meal today triggered my feelings. It brought me thinking about so many things which I have put aside due to the tiring work schedule.

CK team.
Hugh: Manager. (seldom talk much to him. inferior cus he is the boss. seems nice.)
Linda: Supervisor. (treats me well and really takes care of the welfare of staff including part timers.)
Brandon:asked me to do IOT for him like 6 or 7 times today? Rating:average.
Jackie: "who ask u to fold the clothes? go and serve the customers!"Impression on first day: Very Fierce. But not so fierce to me now. Actually I gave her a nickname.
Description:tall. skinny. long hair. good looks. look 10 yrs older than her age. excellent complexion. has the ability to attract male customers.
Vestin: hmm..alright. average. not many comments.
Nazri: calls me Cat woman cus of my specs. always look so tired and sian. nice guy.
Bertram: quiet guy at first but getting to noe him better.
Freddy: Korean chinese. Attracts customers cus of his looks. Dunno why but the customers always ask him to try on the clothes. Smooth talker. has his own style of handling the customers.There was one day he shared with me quite alot about himself and his life. (not many customers then.) Straightforward guy. think I talk quite alot to him out of all the staff apart from XQ and Peili(another part timer who left after one week. sad.) Rating: pending.
John: hardworking. works full time at warehouse and part time at boutique. member of Rouge. trying to get me to sign up. haha. interesting guy with his own unique style.
Zul:approached her when I went for interview. Impression changed drastically as the days pass.
XQ: =) nice ger. getting to know her even better.
Peili: Nus ger. sadly no chance to get to knwo her better.

If possible, I hope to take a picture with all of them for remembrance sake. keeping my fingers crossed. ahha. Till the next entry. And erm...hmmmm....nvm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home