I was fired on the first day of work! crap.
Haha. Yes I was fired today even before I started work!! Here's the story. I went to Htg restaurant today to report for work. My first day. I was so excited man. So I happily stepped into the restaurant and asked for D(the manager who interviewed me the other day and accepted me right on the spot.) However, it's D's off-day today!!!I only knew about it when I got there. Oh man, I was supposed to report to him today and he is off today. Bad sign. So I told them (the other manager who is a Korean and another admin staff) that I am supposed to report for work today.
And the manager asked me "You full-time?"
I nodded.
"How long u working?"
"2mths"
"You student? No no we looking for full-time. Full-time work for long. You 2mths? Cannot. We don't want. We have too many staff today. You wait here. Later my boss coming. I asked him about it."
Deep inside I was thinking what the h**, what kind of joke is that man! That D guy told me to report for work today!! He shook my hand (I need to wash my hands many times now to get rid of the bad luck) and welcomed me only a few days ago and now you are telling me I am not needed??
Then that manager A walked around the restaurant and talked to another manager. This other local manager seemed to have something up his sleeve. At least I think he looked quite cunning.
A: " This girl, student, work 2 months. We have too many people now. We need full-time work long. No 2 mths. Student cannot. Work 2 mths. 1 mth training. 1 mth work how can? Korean style not easy. No no we need full-time work long. How now?"
The local man went inside the office and took out the schedule for the week.
"Are u Michelle?"
"Yes" I replied.
A: "D off today. I call him now" After which he took his phone and prssed a few numbers. In less than 30 secs, he put the phone down. "He is sleeping. I think you go home now. I ask him to call you in the afternoon when he wakes up. okay?"
I stared at him. I refused to leave. I was so pissed. Trust me, I almost blew up man. But well knowing me, I dun have the habit of screaming at people. wasted. I was so so so pissed man.
"Then I think it is not fair. Your management is in a mess. Danny told me to report for work today. He didnt tell me anything about this not wanting any students issue. He wrote my name on the schedule right on the spot that day"
"Yes, frankly this is newly set-up. I must say different people have their own style of working. I only saw your name on the paper yesterday when I was checking." said the local manager.
Argh!Crap. Oh crap. What crap. I was thinking. So I left them rightaway. I wonder why that A even care to say "I am sorry. Bye bye". By that time, I was already fuming. What a waste of my time, to wake up so early in the morning and changing all my plans just to fit this job. Luckily I have not cancelled my driving lessons yet and I can have some time to study for the GE exam too.
This is my first experience with such people. Gosh I dun think I want to work in this kind of company next time. Verbal agreement is totally unreliable. I guess they are right when they say the society out there is very complicated. At least I've learnt my lesson now.
So I guess I will be lazing around this hols and taking my driving lessons. But that will be very boring. Unless I can find a full-time companion for shopping and eating for 2 mths. 2 mths will do. I don't need full-time work long. And I vented all my anger on dim sum just now. Of course, it worked. I am much better now.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home