And so I am thinking again...
On this very day, many thoughts crossed my mind..the past and the present...seems like so many things are happening at the same time..or is it just me? How I wish that at this very moment I am by the beach, or in a far away place, just simply enjoying this quiet night, with soothing music in the background. Longing for some peace inside me..and of course if there is a good companion, that will be great..if not, just staying alone for some time is absolutely fine with me..I just wish to get away from this place for some time. Okie I should keep this till after the exams..and then I will be off to somewhere if everything goes according to plan =)
Actually I have so much wanted to get away from this place for quite some time..no..it is not exactly to nurse my illness which u may think so..I just need a quiet place..not in this fast-paced island..to sort out my thoughts..no i am not troubled or anything..just that hmm seems like sometimes, I am a little messed up..confused or sth...I just need a clear mind..a quiet place where I need not have to think about anything or worry about anything...just me and myself with nothing on my mind..enjoying the beauty of life and nature. And then try to appreciate the beauty of life, to cherish each and every day and live every day as if it is the last...not like what I am doing now..sometimes I am too caught up with the work I have on hand that somehow I feel I am just living cus I am living, competing in the rat race and racing against time every day..gosh what is this?
To be practical, yes, we should work hard and push ourselves hard enuff so that we can achieve our goals and carve a good career path, and plan for the future..Hmm but sometimes I will stop to think..hey am I too caught up with this that I have failed to cherish the very idea of staying alive and living in this world? There are really alot of beautiful things out there not just for practical reasons..I am simply too caught up in this rat race.
How about those people living in the THird World Countries? Their primary concern is not to wake up early in the morning at the sound of the alarm, gobble down breakfast and rush off to work...they have to worry about what they are having for their breakfast..or if they have any today..how long can the food at home last...If they can afford a simple breakfast, I know for sure they will be savouring every mouth of it, unlike myself..taking it all for granted. How many times have I stopped to think that there are people living in this world who are in a more desperate state than myself? That however hard my life is, those people are worst..they worry about if they can survive tom. for those in poverty, food. for those whose countries are at war, if they would be dead the next day.
There is one thing which I am sure of...that these people definitely cherish their lives more than I do.
And there is something which I have always wanted to do which hmm i think is very hard to achieve..that is to travel around the world...to enjoy the different culture experiences..different way of living..different environment and different people. There is so much to learn from them. So much to share with them. And if I have the ability, I will gladly help them in whatever way I can...
The Best and the most Beautiful things in the world cannot be seen nor touched. They must be felt with the heart. Helen Keller

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home